We call ships ‘she.’ We call our war machines ‘women.’ We compare women to black widows and vipers. And you’re going to tell me it’s not ‘lady-like’ to scream, to…
If you’re mad at her, you don’t understand it. White people are trying to remove themselves from all people of color. Let me show you why this is true. You’ve heard of Asian-americans or African Americans or Mexican Americans. But how about a European American? Have you ever heard someone say they’re Canadian American? or European American? Probably not. White people can just call themselves American, even if their ancestry has not been in America for long. If your great-grandparents moved because of the potato famine, you don’t call yourselves Irish American, you have lived your entire life in the United States, you call yourself an American. But now, take someone whose ancestry is linked to some of the first slaves in the colonies, and they still call themselves African-American. Doesn’t matter if they’ve never stepped foot on the continent and share no cultural link, other than pigment, with any society in Africa, they still have to identify with African.
What’s most infuriating is that even people who are the ultimate Americans: Native Americans. They were in the Americas while ass backwards Europe was accusing (and burning) women of being witches. THEY, of all people, shouldn’t have to specify their identity as an American, but NO they have to be labeled with something else.
Raven Symone is an absolute star. She has my total respect for standing up like this, and I hope her so much happiness with her girlfriend. I wish she was still on television, she taught me so much , even if it was all from a disney show
the golden snitch is called “gullsnoppen” in norwegian and that literally mean “golden dick”
Mr. Gibbins, come collect your prize.
Robyn Lawley, Jada Sezer, and Gabi Gregg for Swimsuits For All.
Now THIS is how you sell a fucking bikini.
WHAT WHAT LEGIT CHUBBY GIRLS IN ADS?! NOT JUST HOLLYWOOD CHUBBY BUT FOR REALS CHUBBY THANK YOU BLESS
THANK YOU FOR THIS.
I only just recently started listening to Welcome To Night Vale, and very immediately got super hooked. So I made some art.
Many women consider themselves not to be a feminist because they believe the word means that they hate men. But the word feminist does not mean “man-hater.”A feminist is a person who believes in the social, political, and economic EQUALITY of the sexes.
- To mixed people who only look like one of their races
- To mixed people who look ‘ambiguous’ ‘exotic’ ‘unique’ and get both fetishized and treated badly for it
- To mixed people whose identities are ‘too confusing’
- To mixed people whose identities get ignored
- To mixed people whose identities are questioned
- To mixed people who are told ‘they aren’t really ___’
- To mixed people who have mixed hair and mixed skin and can’t find cosmetic care products for themselves
- To mixed people who are victims of multiple types of racism
- To mixed people who can’t fit in with the parts of their family
- To mixed people who only have connections to one of their races
- To mixed people who are too ‘___’ or not ‘___’ enough
- To mixed people who aren’t white, but can pass for white.
- To white mixed people who are white passing, and have to decide between having their identity erased or having to deal with more racism
- To white mixed people who aren’t white passing, and don’t get the choice.
- To white mixed people who aren’t white passing, but their siblings are
- To mixed people who have to deal with prejudice from their own family, white or not. (anti-blackness, fetishism, colorism)
- To transracial adopted mixed people who have never known any of their family
- To mixed people who have to figure out their identities by themselves
To mixed people who have to deal with so much shit. You are strong, you are beautiful, and you are valid.
For mixed people everywhere, stand in solidarity with each other. While we have similar experiences, not everyone has the same experience, or relationship with their race. Be aware of whatever privileges you have. Listen to others and always help one another.